Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pan-Roasted Chicken with Lemon-Garlic Green Beans

Photo from Real Simple

I made this tonight, and aside from the fact that it is delicious, it was one of the most simple recipes I've ever made!  I adapted it slightly from Real Simple, and some of their reviews weren't good (people said it was too lemon-y), but I found the lemon perfect (I used less than directed).  This is definitely a new go to!

Another plus: it makes your house smell divine!  I left it in the oven when I went to pick up the kids, and when we came home, it smelled so good!  Even Ella said, "what's that smell, mommy?"

INGREDIENTS
6 tbsp. olive oil
1 lemon (half thinly sliced, half juiced)
4 garlic cloves, minced (or 2 tsp. crushed garlic)
1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 lbs. green beans (I used about half or 3/4 of the bag of TJ's frozen French green beans- I blanched them first so they weren't frozen when I put them in the casserole dish)
24 oz. (1 lb. 8 oz.) bag baby red potatoes, quartered
3-4 chicken breasts (I used 3, about 1.3 lbs.)
Chicken broth

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 450.  Coat a large baking dish with 1 tbsp of the olive oil.  Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.

In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice (I used only about 1 tsp), garlic, salt and pepper; add the green beans and toss to coat.  Using a slotted spoon (or your hands!), remove the green beans and arrange them on top of the lemon slices.  Add the potatoes to the same oil mixture and toss to coat.  Remove the potatoes and arrange around the edge of the dish over the green beans.  Place the chicken in the oil mixture and coat thoroughly.  Place chicken in dish on top of green beans.  Pour any of the remaining oil mixture over the chicken.  At this point, I pour about 3/4 cup of chicken broth into the baking dish.

Roast for 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment