Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fried Chickpeas

Photo from Bon Appetit

My friend Kate made these for us when we over for dinner last weekend, and we couldn't get enough of them!  I loved them so much that I made them last night for dinner!  I changed the recipe just slightly, but if you want the original, it's in the BA link above.
 

Ingredients

  • 1-1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika (I used regular paprika)
  • 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (I used 4, but I think I would only use 3 next time)
  • 2- 15oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained, patted very dry
  • Kosher salt (I used sea salt) 

Preparation

Heat oil in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat.  Add chickpeas to skillet and sauté, stirring frequently, until golden and crispy, 15–20 minutes.  Using a slotted spoon, transfer chickpeas to paper towels to drain briefly.  Place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle paprika over; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt. EAT THEM!

*Just a note, I prefer them warm.  Once they were cold, I didn't like them as much but still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment